Assignment 3A - Your Entrepreneurship Story

 Since I can remember I’ve been watching Shark Tank with my family, and other entrepreneurial movies such as The Social Network, Jobs, and The Founder. These movies have sparked my interest in Entrepreneurship over the years. In middle school I would bake about two pans of brownies every night and sell them at school the next day for $1.50 a piece. This worked quite well because I was always able to sell all brownies by the end of the day i.e. hungry high schoolers. This little business would give me extra spending money on the weekends, and ended up being a big source of my spending money.




  More recently, I’ve been selling my clothes and accessories on the online marketplace, Depop. Depop allows me to contribute to slow fashion and make money off of the vintage or designer pieces I own while using my creative side to market my items. Last summer, I went to Portugal and had hundreds of dollars to spend which I’d earned from Depop, not my restaurant job. I enrolled into ENT3003 because I want to know what it means, and takes to be an entrepreneur. I’ve always dreamed of being a business owner and find myself have many ideas without the knowledge of how to execute them with little money. Ideally, I would love to pair my entrepreneurial tendencies and passion for sustainable fashion and eco beauty within my career. I look forward to getting peer reviews because I value the thoughts and opinions of my peers very much. I am an avid believer that constructive criticism can help one improve upon their work and ideas which is extremely important in the world of entrepreneurship. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and I look forward to reading yours!

Comments

  1. Hey Ayla!
    I really liked hearing about your time in high school selling brownies to kids for more than you made them for. I think that's a perfect idea for anyone in school because the demand is always high for good food. I unfortunately went to a school that strictly enforced a no selling of food policy so anyone who tried that would get into some serious trouble. I hope you get to learn more about entrepreneurship in this class and come up with more creative money making ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayla,
    Your middle school experience is excellent, although it is a small business, it lets you earn some extra money. Spending the money you make instead of spending your parents' money is a very different experience. I think you are very joyful to experience it. Your story also shows me a good example to make extra money. I appreciate your story a lot, thanks for your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ayla,
    I think that’s so cool that you already had some entrepreneurship background in high school by selling baked goods. Also, I loved reading about how you sold your clothes on marketplace which is such a good idea. I normally give my old clothes away because I never know where to sell them but now I know of Depop. I agree with your thoughts on the importance of getting more knowledge on business subjects such as entrepreneurship. I hope we both learn a lot from this class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment