18A- Create a Customer Avatar



My prototypical customer is someone who is conscious of the products they use and its effects on the planet. More stereotypically, someone who may be considered a “tree hugger” or environmentalist. They would most likely drive a Prius or Subaru with roof rack, and a wealthier customer would probably drive a Tesla. They would probably vote for someone who has acknowledged climate change as an urgent crisis such as Bernie Sanders. Normally their political stances align with that of progressives because their main concerns are social justice and environmental issues. They’re the type of person who shops at sustainable yet fashionable stores like Patagonia and Reformation. If parents, they have their children in progressive schools like Montessori's. They’re fond of the outdoors and exploring farm to table restaurants. They’re in their mid-twenties to late thirties. My customer is a health conscious person who strives to shop locally and support small businesses. They understand the importance of their effort to reduce their ecological footprint. They avoid one use plastics and always bring a reusable tote when shopping at the store. This lifestyle is upheld by my app.

Comments

  1. Hi Ayla.
    I really liked this post and the customer avatar you created which fits the description of the typical buyer of your product. I think it is important for us all to do our part to preserve our planet and I like the app you are proposing that will help make being ecologically friendly easier to get more people to join the effort. I use reusable bags when I shop and recycle and I have recently started purchasing more ecofriendly cleaning products as well. It seems like you have a lot in common with the avatar you created. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayla!
    I think your description of your prototypical customer is very clear. You have mentioned that your customer is “tree hugger” and consider environmental issues. This detail could help your customer quickly understand what your app is focused on. You have listed sever useful functions of your app which are also good for your customer to figure out whether they want to use this app. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment