23A VRIN



Resources/VRIN Analysis:

1. Customer Service Expert: Having worked in the customer service industry for over three years, I believe I have ample knowledge in the customer service industry. This first-hand understanding of the needs of expectations of customers is extremely beneficial for someone starting a business. This is not rare because many jobs are in the customer service field so many people carry this skill.
2. Extensive Social Media Knowledge: Through the use of social media since the seventh grade, I believe I am very familiar with the inner workings of online ads and a superior social media presence. Many people in my generation have these skills because we attained them very young. While many younger people have these skills, there are many older people who are still not completely comfortable with using various forms of social media.
3. Business Major: Through being a business major I believe I take a relevant course load to begin a business. This is not rare as there are many business majors. Business gives students a wide range of coursework which gives the basic tools for one to pursue their own ventures.
4. Worked at a high-end grocery store: My experience at a high-end grocery store is extremely relevant to the type of app I would like to make. This knowledge could only be learned through first-hand experience working at a grocery store.
5. Connections: Since my business idea is an app, it is important to know coders and people with other areas of expertise in which I do not have. I believe it is extremely difficult for one to learn code because it is not something you can learn overnight. Many people have connections but no one has my specific range of connections.
6. Promoting Health and Bringing Awareness: Valuable because it can potentially save lives and keep families healthy and safe. This is rare because there are many health apps on the market but more related to exercise and calorie counting rather than detecting artificial fillers and preservatives. I believe this is substitutable.
7. Personalized Product: This app is extremely custom to each consumer who uses it. I have not seen anything else like it on the app store which makes it rare. This is substitutable because people make B grade versions of apps all the time.
8. Personal Connection to this Venture: I believe my motivation and need for an app like this is extremely valuable as I can relate first hand to consumers who are also concern about these toxic chemicals which are so prevalent in everyday products. This is rare because many entrepreneurs are more interested in profits rather than the cause. This is not imitable because no one can match my passion for this product.
9. Cheaper Costs: Since my app does not require a physical storefront startup costs will generally be lower. Many businesses are already based on this model whether involved with e-commerce or app development. This is not rare because many businesses are already implementing these practices.
10. App Store: The app store is one of a kind and the top place for consumers to download Apple Apps. This is not rare as there are thousands upon thousands of apps on Apple’s App Store. No one can imitate Apple’s app store because Apple holds a monopoly on their app store which makes it extremely difficult for others to infiltrate it.

My top resource is how passionate I am about this app. My commitment for consumers to become more aware of the ingredients in the products they ingest and use on their bodies is extremely apparent and motivates me to get this app into action. I believe my drive for families to live healthier is the biggest resource I could have.

Comments