27A

In his book How To Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big, Scott Adams, illustrates the ways he has changed his outlook on life in order to achieve a healthier way of achieving goals. Adams reinforces the idea that Entrepreneurship isn't something to be learned overnight. He discusses that entrepreneurship and success are learned throughout one's lifetime. Many people are too hard on themselves and are quick to get disappointed in what they have yet to achieve. I would advise that a good exercise for ENT3003 would be going through the motions of one's “goals” but using “ systems instead. Adams leaves room for alteration with his “systems”, which can allow one to alter their goal as time goes on and their goals alter and form. My biggest “aha” moment in the book was when Adams discusses how too many young people are kicking themselves because they haven't “made it” yet. This is so true and so apparent to me so this really struck a chord with me.

Comments

  1. Hi Ayla.
    I also read Scott Adams book for this reflection. I can see your perspective on the theme of his book and I would add to that he thinks he failed his way to success. He encourages his readers to invite failure. I like your idea about applying the goals versus systems model for a class assignment. I actually thought what he said about goals being for losers was strange but then as I read later on, he meant to reinforce the idea of systems as being a way to be succeeding much of the time if you are working your system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayla,
    Scott Adams was such a inspiration to many people. The way he viewed life was so amazing and could influence many people to work hard and push through any hard time in life. I am hard on myself just like you over this class because at many times I did not feel like doing an assignment, but I knew I needed this A to help my GPA in the future at UF. I liked your "aha" moment because it relates to me as well. This book sounded very interesting and I look forward to reading it in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment