25A
What I Think Is Next:
The next step in terms of products for my venture is the creation of an online place where conscious consumers can have proper discussions regarding toxic ingredients and ethical companies because I feel it is important for consumers to have a place where these discussions can be had.
Existing Market Interviews:
1. The first interviewee stated that they believed this would be a good idea because they are unaware of a site that is dedicated to open discussions about conscious consuming.
2. The second interviewee stated that they already use a Reddit for these types of forums and discussions. Although, they stated they don't know too many people that actually still use Reddit like them.
3. The third interviewee stated that they thought my idea was good but that there could be a marketplace component which allows people to see “green options” in place of other common items which are not considered to be green.
Reflection:
I believe the online marketplace idea is a really good idea. As a consumer, I try to commit to a more eco-friendly lifestyle by refraining from buying products with unnecessary plastic packaging and one use plastics, shopping fast fashion, and conserving energy. Although I am able to find metal straws, bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo utensils, etc., on Amazon, I am unsure of a website which allows conscious consumers to compare “green” companies and their products. I believe interviewee three is on to something with this idea.
New Market:
A new target for my market would be high schoolers. I believe many young people are influenced by “influencers” and many influencers are now promoting a greener way of living. I believe high schoolers are an interesting demographic to target because teenagers will one day be the future and I believe it is important to influence them in a positive way, by encouraging them and providing products that will hopefully help the environment, and keep them happy and healthy.
New Market Interviews:
1. The first interviewee was really enthusiastic about this idea. They believed that the eco-friendly trend would be something they could see their friends really getting behind because it is “cool” to care about the planet now.
2. The second interviewee stated that they have already begun taking the steps towards becoming a conscious consumer. They stated that all of their friends avoid using one use plastics and that they always carry their reusable water bottle at school.
Reflection:
I had no idea this idea would be quite popular among a younger demographic. Many Gen Z’s are concerned about the planet and I feel my interviews back this statement up. I’d never thought about targeting high schoolers before but I feel that Gen Z is inherently very Philanthropic and these interviews were able to support that.
The next step in terms of products for my venture is the creation of an online place where conscious consumers can have proper discussions regarding toxic ingredients and ethical companies because I feel it is important for consumers to have a place where these discussions can be had.
Existing Market Interviews:
1. The first interviewee stated that they believed this would be a good idea because they are unaware of a site that is dedicated to open discussions about conscious consuming.
2. The second interviewee stated that they already use a Reddit for these types of forums and discussions. Although, they stated they don't know too many people that actually still use Reddit like them.
3. The third interviewee stated that they thought my idea was good but that there could be a marketplace component which allows people to see “green options” in place of other common items which are not considered to be green.
Reflection:
I believe the online marketplace idea is a really good idea. As a consumer, I try to commit to a more eco-friendly lifestyle by refraining from buying products with unnecessary plastic packaging and one use plastics, shopping fast fashion, and conserving energy. Although I am able to find metal straws, bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo utensils, etc., on Amazon, I am unsure of a website which allows conscious consumers to compare “green” companies and their products. I believe interviewee three is on to something with this idea.
New Market:
A new target for my market would be high schoolers. I believe many young people are influenced by “influencers” and many influencers are now promoting a greener way of living. I believe high schoolers are an interesting demographic to target because teenagers will one day be the future and I believe it is important to influence them in a positive way, by encouraging them and providing products that will hopefully help the environment, and keep them happy and healthy.
New Market Interviews:
1. The first interviewee was really enthusiastic about this idea. They believed that the eco-friendly trend would be something they could see their friends really getting behind because it is “cool” to care about the planet now.
2. The second interviewee stated that they have already begun taking the steps towards becoming a conscious consumer. They stated that all of their friends avoid using one use plastics and that they always carry their reusable water bottle at school.
Reflection:
I had no idea this idea would be quite popular among a younger demographic. Many Gen Z’s are concerned about the planet and I feel my interviews back this statement up. I’d never thought about targeting high schoolers before but I feel that Gen Z is inherently very Philanthropic and these interviews were able to support that.

Hi Ayla.
ReplyDeleteI found your thoughts on what is next for your venture to be really interesting. I also learned something, as I had never visited Reddit before. What an interesting site! Your customers having the opportunity to discuss and learn more about ecofriendly products is a great idea. I especially like your new market in targeting high school aged individuals. I think Generation Z could be a great market as they seem to be much more ecofriendly and some are already looking toward being conscious consumers. Keep up the great work!