26A

I failed a few times in this class this semester. My failure stemmed from disorganization and stress. There was a week at the beginning of the semester where I declared my links and assumed I was good to go for the week. On Saturday I realized that I had forgotten to submit my links for the assignments and therefore, I did not get the points for those assignments. I was really upset by this failure because I had done the work and assumed I submitted the links. I never made this mistake again because from making that mistake, I learned to always submit the links and triple check that they work. Considering this is my first semester at UF, I was aiming to do the best I could, especially because I know the courses I chose to take were less rigorous than the courses I’ll have to take in the upcoming semesters. I strive to do well in school because I’d eventually like to go to graduate school to continue my education, therefore I strive for a high GPA. I don’t handle failure well (extreme anxiety) and it’s something I am trying to improve upon. This class has definitely changed my opinions on failure because I feel like I am finally learning that failure is part of life and part of one’s success in the end. I feel like as an entrepreneur I am more open to taking risks and accepting failure as part of the process.

Comments

  1. Hi Ayla.
    It sounds as though we both had some mishaps early on in this class. I know reading your posts you want to do well and it shows in your work. It is really hard to accept those failures especially when we did the work and did not get points for technical/operator errors. Like you, I have become vigilant in my efforts to be absolutely certain the assignments are on time, done as instructed and to be certain I choose the correct URL for posting. One must pay attention to the details in Entrepreneurship. I do not think anyone likes to fail, but I understand that feeling when I fail. It seems like you have learned not to be as hard on yourself and you have been able to open yourself up to taking more risks to achieve success. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am sorry you suffered from so much stress this semester! Maybe over the summer you could take less courses and focus on your mental happiness! This class was definitely tedious and you had to really avoid careless mistakes. I like how hard you worked and continued to overcome your stress so that you can pass this class and move on with your degree. Striving for a high GPA will transition into your work ethic because it is great to have that hard working mindset. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment