13A: Reading Reflection
The fact that the man who really made Mcdonalds one of the biggest success stories of all time as a franchise was the man who sold the Mcdonald's brothers a milkshake blender. The perseverance and resilience of Ray Kroc is what I admire most about the entrepreneur who made Mcdonald's one of the most successful franchises of all time. I least admire how ruthless Kroc was in making the Mcdonald’s brothers' franchise when that was the opposite of their initial intentions. Ray Kroc encountered a tremendous amount of adversity. He was a struggling salesman who was waiting for his big break up until the moment he encountered the potential within Mcdonalds. Ray Kroc was an extremely talented salesman, and I believe his talent in sales catapulted Mcdonalds as fast and far forward as it did. One thing I was confused about from within the text were some of the historical references. If I were able to ask Ray Kroc two questions, I would ask 1. If you could go back and do it all over again, would you change anything? And 2. Do you believe Mcdonalds still represents the values and mission it was once founded on? I believe Kroc's opinion of hard work would be to never give up and stop at no end to get what you want. I however do not have this same cutthroat approach, maybe because the stakes aren't as high in my own life, but I would never coarse someone into a business decision if it wasn’t what they wanted.
Hi Ayla,
ReplyDeleteYou did a wonderful job on you reflection on Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald’s by Ray Kroc. I also agree that the success of the McDonald’s franchise is mind-blowing as McDonald’s is one of the most recognized brands in the entire world. I never knew that Ray Kroc encountered so much adversity and am now even more impressed about the immense success of the McDonald’s franchise.
Hi Ayla,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your reflection about Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's by Ray Kroc. I reflected on Coco Chanel as my reading reflection and I find our books to be on differing ends of the spectrum: high fashion to fast food. I think that what I have found as an underlying theme to most success stories is the perseverance and resilience that these entrepreneurs posses. I like how you defined Kroc's opinion because it really portrays his dedication and discipline. Overall, great work.
Emily