9A Testing the Hypothesis pt. 2


Who: Through the interviews I've conducted, I’ve realized that many people are not as concerned with the ingredients used in their everyday products, as I’d initially thought. Therefore, I believe there are many people who would not be interested in this idea. This includes consumers who are more concerned with cheaper prices rather than the quality of the products at hand. Some simply cannot afford the luxury of non toxic products since they are usually substantially more expensive.
What: The real underlying problem is that companies are knowingly using toxic and harmful ingredients within their products yet are still remaining at the top of household items. If more people were aware I believe the would be more inclined to boycott these household names, or at least make more health conscious decisions when shopping.
Why: The underlying need of those outside the boundary are those who are primarily concerned with the price of a product, rather than the quality of ingredients within them.

 Inside the Boundary:                                 Outside the Boundary:

Who:            Mothers who are concerned with                  Consumers concerned more with
                     the ingredients used on, and around             prices, rather than ingredients.
                     Their children.
                    
                     Conscious consumers who are aware           Consumers who are already
                     of the toxic ingredients used in every            committed to certain brands
                     day products.                                          and products
                    
                     Interested and informed consumers.

                     Environmentally conscious consumers

What:           To reduce illnesses correlated with                  To completely eliminate the toxic
                     toxic ingredients used in everyday                   ingredients used in everyday
                     household items                                          products.
                     
                      To shed light on just how many toxic            Completely alleviating the stress of
                      and harmful ingredients are used in              deciding on products in store
                      everyday life

                    Shift responsibility on household brands
                    who continually use toxic ingredients,
knowingly



Why:           Too time consuming to look up                                   
                    Individual product ingredient lists

                   Grocery store employees cannot be tasked
                   with informing customers about individual ingredient
                    lists

Comments

  1. Hi Ayla,
    I believe you have a worthwhile opportunity. While there are many people who fall outside the boundary, there is an increasing awareness growing globally about sustainability and our obligation to future generations. Your market is specific and there may be some additional upfront expense to the consumer but I believe through education of the consumer about long term expense to one's health and the population in general your app could could not only save consumers time during shopping, it could save lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayla,
    I like your idea very much. Your opportunity is about the ingredient used in the food, that is a good concern since it could affect our health. It is true that a lot of people concern the price much more than the food quality, and through your research, I could really see who is really concern about the food quality. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ayla,
    I think you made a lot of really good points in narrowing down your opportunity. I agree that many people are not concerned with the dangerous chemicals in the products they buy. You conducted more insight of this opportunity by creating the table and discussing more in-depth differences between who, what, and why. Overall, I think you did an excellent job on this assignment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment